- Tropical. The warmest months are March, April, and May with average afternoon temperatures at 25° C / 80° F.
- The rainy season is from May to September, with occasional thundershowers. However, this is when Nicaragua turns green, making it especially appealing.
- For a first visit to Granada, the most popular time is November, December, January, February and March.
- The dry season is from December to May, when the average temperature is 30° C / 90° F.
- The green season extends from June until November, with temperatures between 25° and 35° C / 80° and 100° F. During the night, it can cool down to 20° C / 70° F.